What to do, where to stay,& what to eat in Camden
Our mild climate and many activities make Camden a great place to visit year-round. Check out all the fun opportunities and start planning your vacation today.
Schools, utilities, real estate, &more to help you in your move
If you’re planning to move to Camden, take a closer look at everything our city offers right here. We love living in Camden, and we think you’ll enjoy the simple life in our vibrant community too.
Helpful service, safety, & utilitiesinformation for Camden residents
The City of Camden is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in our community. Our town is known as a great place to live, and we're making improvements every day that will make you proud to call Camden home.
Licenses, permits, zoning, &utilities information for businesses
The City of Camden is proud to support our many local business owners. Find all the resources you need for an existing or prospective business here in Camden.
The city of Camden encourages its customers to join in environmental stewardship by participating in recycling whenever possible. Each year recyclable materials take up space in county landfills when they could be recycled. To showcase its continued commitment to recycling efforts, the city of Camden offered a pilot program with a limited number of 65-gallon recycling bins which are 3.5 times larger than the current recycling containers. This allows for more space for weekly recyclables. This program is officially closed; however, the City encourages those still interested to sign up for the waiting list.
The city of Camden thanks you for recycling.
• Aluminum Cans – Rinse and flatten. DO NOT bag.
• Cardboard (with no wax finish) – Flatten. Place in one pile beside the recycling container.
• Glass Jars and Bottles (clear, green and brown) – Rinse.
• Newspaper, Inserts and Magazines – DO NOT tie or bag.
• Office Paper – DO NOT tie or bag.
• Paperboard (e.g., cereal boxes, shoe boxes) – Flatten.
• Plastic Bottles, Jugs and Jars (e.g., milk jugs as well as soft drink, water and other plastic bottles and containers marked with a #1 - #7 only – usually on the bottom) – Rinse.
• Steel/Metal Food Cans – Rinse. DO NOT bag.
*Recyclables do not need to be separated. All materials can be combined together into the recycling container.
To sign up for the waiting list, please bring the completed participation form (page #2) to City Hall or mail it to City of Camden, Attn: Stephanie Bowers, 1000 Lyttleton Street, Camden, SC 29020. Since there are a limited number of containers, distribution is on a first come, first serve basis.
Click here for the participation form.